2017 Michelin stars in Piedmont
In 2017 Italy gains again a first place in the world (with France) for the high number of restaurants awarded by the prestigious Michelin guide and Piemonte plays a strategic role in that list.
Before we look at that, however, we have to spend a few words about the tradition.
Being the birthplace of the Slow Food organization and home to some of the world’s most revered wines, Piemonte is heaven for foodies and it should be no surprise that one of the main reasons why people come here is to experience the cuisine.
The region is not just about fine-dining but it is also dotted with several family-run “trattoria” or “osteria“, cozy and informal restaurants serving homemade type of food in a casual setting. It is still quite common to find there a fixed menu which takes away from the customer the struggle of the order: no need to worry about what is good, what should not be missed, what “should I get” because the flat rate menu – usually a few dozens of Euro – includes several antipasti (starters), first courses (pasta or risotto), entrees and desserts brought one after the other.
So a quality dining experience in Piemonte does not necessarily mean that one should spend a fortune to be satisfied but there is room for all sort of budgets. Meet Piemonte always suggests, when time allows it, the combination of some “trattoria” with some more expensive fine-dining experience: a choice that provides a complete overview of the wide range of possibilities available.
Since the 1980s, Piemonte‘s has been home for many creative chefs who take our most traditional recipes and re-invent them, deconstruct them and contaminating them with their own expertise and talent. The intricate array of exclusive and precious local ingredients, thereby, have attracted the attention and senses of gourmands from all over the world.
The prestigious Michelin guide has awarded Piedmont in 2017 with 39 restaurants assessing the region as the second Italian one proudly hosting so many starred chefs. We have divided these 39 gourmet temples of Piemonte by number of stars and geographical location.
3 Michelin stars
- Ristorante Piazza Duomo in Alba.
Chef Enrico Crippa was also awarded in 2016 in New York City with the seventeenth position out of the fifty best restaurants of the world.
P.zza Risorgimento 4 – 12051 – Alba (Cn) +39 0173 366 167
2 Michelin stars
- Antica Corona Reale in Cervere (Cuneo) http://www.anticacoronareale.com
- Villa Crespi in Orta San Giulio (Novara) on lake Orta http://www.villacrespi.it
- Al Sorriso in Soriso (Novara) http://www.alsorriso.com
- Piccolo Lago a Verbania on lake Maggiore http://www.piccololago.it
1 Michelin star around Alba and Asti (Langhe, Monferrato and Roero)
- Locanda del Pilone Loc. Madonna di Como (outside Alba)
- Villa d’Amelia in Benevello (Cuneo)
- All’Enoteca in Canale (Cuneo)
- Il Centro in Priocca d’Alba (Cuneo)
- Ca’ Vittoria in Tigliole (Asti)
- Il Ristorante di Guido da Costigliole inside Relais et Chateaux San Maurizio in Santo Stefano Belbo (Cuneo)
- San Marco in Canelli (Asti)
- Massimo Camia in La Morra (Cuneo)
- La Rei inside Boscareto Resort in Serralunga d’Alba (Cuneo)
- Guido inside Fontanafredda winery in Serralunga d’Alba (Cuneo)
- La Ciau del Tornavento in Treiso (Cuneo)
- Il Cascinale Nuovo in Isola D’asti (Asti)
- Marc Lanteri inside Grinzane Castle (outside Alba)
- Da Francesco in Cherasco (Cuneo)
- La Madernassa in Guarene (Cuneo)
- 21.9 in Piobesi d’Alba (Cuneo)
1 Michelin star in Turin and surrounding area
- Del Cambio in Piazza Carignano, Torino
- Vintage 1977 in Piazza Solferino, Torino
- Casa Vicina inside Eataly Lingotto
- Magorabin in Corso San Maurizio, Torino
- Combalzero inside the Rivoli castle
- Dolce Stil Novo (Royal Palace of Venaria)
- Gardenia in Caluso (Torino)
- La Credenza in San Maurizio Canavese (Torino)
- Zappatori in Pinerolo (Torino)
1 Michelin star in Alessandria and surrounding area
- I Due Buoi in Alessandria
- I Caffi in Acqui Terme (Alessandria)
- La Fermata in Spinetta Marengo (Alessandria)
1 Michelin star in the Northern areas of Piemonte
- Il Patio in Pollone (Biella)
- Il Portale in Verbania
- Cinzia Christian e Manuel in Vercelli
- Pascia in Invorio (Novara)
- Tantris in Novara
- Locanda di Orta in Orta San Giulio (Novara) on lake Orta