- Take part in a truffle hunt in the wood;
- Boutique Barolo winery tour comparing different types of Barolo;
- Private round-trip transit is included, if option is selected.
Italy’s Piedmont region is known as a gastronomic capital. On this private tour, you won’t just get to taste some of its most famous culinary products—you’ll go behind-the-scenes and see how they’re produced.
First, join a truffle hunter and his dog on a walk, and see if you unearth any treasures. Hunting for white or black truffles involves walking on paths which can be slippery, muddy and occasionally steep: we recommended trekking boots. A limited number of rubber boots is available and must be requested at time of booking.
The hunt lasts approximately 1-1.5 hours and it is held during the season of the white truffle of Alba (end of September to January) and also in summer to hunt the black truffle called “scorzone”.
Then, transfer to a family-run winery, where you’ll learn how wine is made. Enjoy a premium wine tasting of 4-5 wines and sample different types of Barolo.
Rate – transport NOT included
The guide joins your vehicle.
- 90 € per adult (from 5 to 7 adults);
- 125 € per adult (from 3 to 4 adults);
- 162 € per adult (for 2 adults only);
- FREE OF CHARGE for kids up to 17 y.o., accompanied by two adults;
Rate – transport included
Professional driver with luxury van. Up to 3 people we may book you the guide’s car.
- 120 € per adult (from 5 to 7 adults);
- 150 € per adult (from 3 to 4 adults);
- 190 € per adult (for 2 adults only);
- 40 € for kids up to 17 y.o., accompanied by two adults;
The rate includes
- Private truffle hunt with the dog in the wood.
- Boutique winery tour and tasting of 4-5 top wines. Comparison of different types of Barolo.
- Guide OR driver (depending on the transport) for 4 hours.
- Hotel pickup if located in Alba or surrounding areas.
The rate does not include
- Any truffle found during the hunt.
- Any entrance fee, meal, additional tasting, transfer, tips, personal expense and anything else not mentioned above in the “the rate includes” field.
When: everyday at 9am or 2pm
Private tour: YES
Participants: Max 7
Length: 4 hours (9am-1pm OR 2-6pm)
Kids and family friendly: YES (not alcoholic beverages will be served to anyone under the Italian drinking age of 18)
Accessibility: to be confirmed at time of booking
Physical activity: low
Meeting place: Alba (train station in Piazza Trento e Trieste) or pickup at your hotel (depending on the location)
Arrival place: Alba (train station in Piazza Trento e Trieste) or pickup at your hotel (depending on the location)
In case of rain: the tour runs