- explore the wine region at your own pace;
- light lunch and wine tasting in a Barolo winery;
- scenic hike suitable for good walkers!
Loop around the town of La Morra through some of the most famous single-vineyards where Nebbiolo grapes are cultivated to become Barolo wine. Along the way you visit the aging cellar of a winery located on a panoramic ridge, where a light lunch paired with three wines is served.
We provide the address of the winery which you can reach on your own or following this app:
- download the app Wikiloc Premium (14 days free trial, then 5€ fee per year) on your smartphone.
- You will receive the link or a QR code to download the itinerary and follow it on your smartphone or on your Garmin GPS (alternatively, you can also download the trail file and store it into your GPS).
The itinerary is winding through a breathtaking landscape dotted with castles and villages, in the heart of the UNESCO World Heritage site of the Barolo hills. The town of La Morra is perched on the highest hill of the area therefore the trekking starts downhill, it continues alternating flat to a mixed trail and it ends uphill.
- Length: about 10 km – 6.8 mi (it is possible to make it shorter).
- Total difference in height: 370 m – 1211 ft.
- Itinerary: alternating off-road to grassy paths, crossing vineyards and shorter sections on paved roads.
- Timing: about 4-5 hours (just walking takes about 2 ore 40’ plus time spent at the winery).
- Suggestions: trekking shoes are recommended, better if up to the ankle. Uneven paths which can be – depending on the season – slippery and muddy or very dusty. Bring a bottle of water and sunscreen in summer. Check the forecast and in case of rain, a waterproof layer is suitable (not many shelters along the way).
The rate includes
- Light lunch with salami, cheese, a starter paired with three wines.
- Use of the itinerary on Wikiloc Premium.
The rate does not include
- Membership fee to Wikiloc Premium (14 days free trial, then 5€ fee per year)
- Any other tasting, meal, transfer, expense, entrance fee, tip and anything else not mentioned above in the “rate includes”
Kids and family friendly: YES (not alcoholic beverages will be served to anyone under the Italian drinking age of 18)
Physical activity: medium. We recommend comfortable and sporty shoes for off-road treks.
Starting and ending: in front of hotel Corte Gondina, in Via Roma 100, 12064 La Morra (CN) Italy.