Truffle tour in Piedmont
The Truffle Hunt from Turin with Lunch is an hassle-free, 6-hour day trip with transportation included.
We arrange the pick up from central Turin and drive about one hour to the Langhe and Roero hills. Here, the truffle hunter and the dog will take you on a walk in the woods and show you the art of unearthing truffles from the rich soil of Piedmont.
The Truffle Hunt from Turin with Lunch continues in the farmhouse of the hunter with a four-course lunch paired with black truffle, before driving back to the city.
- Pick up from central Turin with a private driver
- Small group up to 7 people
- Truffle hunt with the dog in the woods near Alba
- 4-course lunch with wine included and black truffle
Depart at 9:30am from central Turin (or from your hotel) with a professional driver and transfer to the Langhe and Roero hills, where the white truffle of Alba and the black summer truffles grow.
The truffle hunting from Turin can be arranged in the season of the white truffle of Alba (from end of September until January), as well as in summer when black truffles (Tuber Aestivum) can be found.
After a 45-minutes drive, meet the truffle hunter and the dog and follow them in a pleasant walk in the woods. Observe the fascinating art of unearthing truffles as you learn about trees, soil composition and other facts about the environment of the Piedmont region.
Watch the dog in action and the interaction with the wise hunter who provides directions.
The walk in the woods requires appropriate footwear as the path can be slippery, uneven and occasionally muddy. A limited number of rubber boots is available, please inquiry at time of booking.
Sit at the table of the hunter’s farmhouse and partake on a 4-course lunch (appetizers, first course, dessert, water, wine) with fresh black truffle.
Return to Turin in the early afternoon.
On our Ultimate Guide to Truffle Hunting in Alba there are useful information and answers to frequently asked questions.
Veronika M. – October 2022
Martina was great! Our driver was well appointed and on time. For lunch they served mixed tapas with truffle condiments and truffle cheese, roasted peppers with the garlic sauce, fried egg with black truffle freshly shaved, homemade noodles with butter and fresh truffle, and a chocolate dessert. Recommended.
Laurie B. – October 2020
Lovely excursion from Turin. We met promptly at 9:30 our driver and it took us less than one hour to get to the woods. There were rubber boots as promised and the dog was friendly as well. Overall a well organized and smooth experience.
When: everyday at 9:30am from 30/4 to 25/7 and from 24/9 to 8/1
Length: 6 hours
Cancellation: full refund up to 24 hours before the tour
Private tour: on request
Participants: Max 7
Kids and family friendly: yes
Physical activity: medium
***Meeting place/drop off: Via Sacchi 8, Torino (in front of Turin Palace Hotel) or at your hotel
In case of rain: the tour runs with light rain. In case of heavy rain we reschedule the tour or you will get a full refund
Book now the Truffle Hunt from Turin with Lunch
- 216 € per person, with minimum 3 paying guests
- 265 € per person (private tour for 2 adults only)
- Transport on 7-seat van with driver available 6 hours (from 9am to 3pm)
- Truffle hunt with the dog in the woods
- A limited number of rubber boots available. Please inquiry at time of booking
- 4-course lunch (appetizers, first course, dessert, water, wine) with black truffle
- Any truffle found during the hunt
- White truffle at lunch (black truffle will be served)
- Any entrance fee, meal, additional tasting, transfer, tips, personal expense and anything else not mentioned above in the “the rate includes” field.