Wine tour in northwest Italy
Piedmont Wine Tour Vacation is a 6-day holiday centered around the most representative wine regions of northwest Italy and their renowned wineries.
A 5-night stay in charming wine resorts or boutique hotels surrounded by vineyards from where we take you on day trips to northern Piedmont and Gavi, from Barolo and Barbaresco wine regions to Asti.
The Piedmont Wine Tour Vacation is the ideal self-guided holiday for the traveler with its own car, while driver and guides are available on request.
- 6 days / 5 nights with one hotel stay on the Langhe hills
- 8 wine tastings in renowned wine cellars led by the owner or the winemaker
- Colline Novaresi, Alba, Asti, Barolo, Barbaresco, Nizza Monferrato, Gavi
- 2 casual lunches paired with wine tasting
- Truffle hunting with the dog
- 2 dinners
The Customer has the right to withdraw, without providing any reason, under the following conditions:
- There shall be a 50€ non-refundable processing fee (per person) on any cancellation request, regardless the time frame within the cancellation is submitted;
- from 60 to 46 days before the performance of the Tourist Package, by paying a penalty equal to 50% of the price;
- from 45 to 8 days before the performance of the Tourist Package, by paying a penalty equal to 80% of the price;
- from 7 days before the performance of the Tourist Package, by paying a penalty equal to 100% of the price;
Read here the full terms and conditions.
Better than Tuscany
Sandra W. – September 2019
“We have been to Tuscany and other parts of Italy, but prefer to return to Piedmont every year after this trip. Our guides were upbeat, spoke excellent English, and were great to spend the day with.”
Lived up to the reputation
Kris & Emma – June 2019
“This was our first ever trip to Italy and we chose Piemonte just because we’ve always liked wine from there. It did not disappoint!”
Meals included: light lunch and dinner
The Piedmont Wine Tour Vacation begins in northern Piedmont where Nebbiolo grapes are grown at the foot of the Alps, near the town of Gattinara.
Meet a producer of Colline Novaresi DOC wine and partake in a generous wine tasting paired with local cold cuts, salami and appetizers that will satisfy your appetite.
Depart for the northern part of the Piedmont region, We visit a first Nebbiolo wine cellar and enjoy a tasting of four wines paired with salami, cheese and other appetizers (this is not a full lunch but enough to hold you over until dinner).
In the early afternoon drive through the plain of the Po river all the way to the Monferrato hills in south-east Piedmont. The second winery of the day is set in the small production area of Ruchè, an indigenous grape varietal of the province of Asti. A tasting of four wines includes Barbera d’Asti Superiore and Ruchè aged in oak.
Check-in at the selected hotel.
Tonight we celebrate the beginning of the Piedmont Wine Tour Vacation with a traditional four-course dinner in a restaurant within a short distance from the hotel.
Meals included: breakfast
Today the Piedmont Wine Tour Vacation explores the Barolo wine region with the visit and tasting in two contrasting wineries.
After driving on the most picturesque country roads of the Barolo wine region, visit the first cellar of the day, surrounded by vineyards of Nebbiolo.
Step inside the aging premises and enjoy a tasting of four wines of the Langhe hills, including Barbera d’Alba and two types of Barolo wine.
Free time in one of the hilltop towns of the Langhe hills where we can recommend lunch options.
In the second boutique winery of the day you can compare exclusive single-vineyards and terroirs of the Barolo wine region
Tonight dinner is on your own and Meet Piemonte can book a table in either one of the cozy trattoria of the region or in a Michelin-starred restaurant.
Meals included: breakfast and lunch
The third day of the Piedmont Wine Tour Vacation takes you to the province of Asti. Late morning, meet a passionate family that produces the Nizza DOCG wine, obtained from Barbera grapes grown around the town of Nizza Monferrato.
The generous wine tasting is paired with a home cooked meal prepared by the family that includes a pasta course, earthy and flavorful food.
This afternoon take a walk following our directions and take in the beauty of the Langhe and Monferrato hills, a UNESCO World Heritage site.
A few miles away, visit one of the few producers of the region that exclusively produces Moscato DOCG wine and sparkling wine, both in the traditional “classic” method and the Charmat method. The tasting of three wines is paired with sweet specialties.
Tonight for dinner on your own, try one of the many dining options available.
Meals included: breakfast
After breakfast, depart for the town of Gavi, set at the foot of the Apennines mountains, on the way to Genoa.
This territory is peculiar to a white grape varietal, called Cortese, which gives origin to the fruity and mineral Gavi wine.
We arranged a tour in one of the historical wineries of Gavi where, after the tasting, you can enjoy a walk through the vineyards.
The rest of the day is at leisure and, on the way back, you can consider a stop in the town of Acqui Terme known for its Roman origins and hot springs.
Meals included: breakfast and dinner
We start the last day of the Piedmont Wine Tour Vacation with a truffle hunt, led by an expert hunter and his dog.
As explained on our Ultimate Guide to Truffle Hunting, depending on the season, white or summer black truffles may be found.
Next we recommend a stroll in the quaint village of Neive, among wine shops and views over the Barbaresco wine region.
A short transfer by car takes you to a family-run Barbaresco winery where the tasting begins with the local white wine Arneis and continues with two types of contrasting Barbaresco wines from different terroirs.
Tonight celebrate with a Farewell four-course dinner in a bistrot close to the hotel.
Meals included: breakfast
Breakfast and check out.
From 795€ per person, in double occupancy
For a customized tour, with driver and guides, please send an email to email@example.com
- 5 nights in the selected accommodation, breakfast included
- Wine tasting in northern Piedmont (Colline Novaresi DOC wine), with light lunch
- Wine tasting near Asti of local grape varietal Ruchè among others
- 2 wine tastings in 2 different Barolo wineries
- Wine tasting in a winery focused on Nizza DOCG wine with traditional brunch
- Wine tasting of Moscato and sparkling wines
- Wine tasting of Gavi wine
- Wine tasting of Barbaresco wine
- 2 traditional dinners
- Truffle Hunt with the dog
- Restaurant suggestions for on-your-own dining
- VAT 22%
- Limited Liability Insurance and “Fondo di Garanzia” insurance
- Hotel City Tax
- Wine at dinner
- Truffles found during the hunt (if any)
- Personal travel insurance
- Transportation and guides
- Any other meal, tasting, entrance fee, transfer, personal expense, tips and anything else not mentioned above in the field “The rate includes”. The wine included is the one presented during the meal or wine tasting and it is never unlimited. Any extra is at your own discretion.