E-bike tour and Picnic in the Vineyards
bike tour with Picnic lunch
Come and spend a fun and recharging day with our E-bike Tour and Picnic in the Vineyards, a self-guided bike tour filled with great scenery, effortless electric bikes, and an excellent selection of local food and wine.
The departing point of this day bike tour with picnic lunch can be set in the towns of Alba, Barolo, or Nizza Monferrato. Our recorded GPS route leads you on a panoramic itinerary winding through the country roads and the vineyards of the Langhe Hills in Piedmont.
Along the way, stop in a boutique wine cellar where the family greets you for a tour of the aging premises and where the picnic box is delivered.
The E-bike Tour and Picnic in the Vineyards continues at your own pace, in the shade of hazelnut trees or in a vineyard where you can spend as much time as you want, relaxing on the waterproof blanket provided, sipping wine and sampling delicious food.
With a bottle of local wine for each couple, and a generous selection of traditional cold appetizers, reconnect yourself with the slow vibe of Piedmont before pedaling to the starting point of this bike tour.
Nice day in the countryside around Alba. We booked this tour because we did a similar experience in Spain and we were well impressed with the recorded track that was given to us. The app worked all the way through without problems. We did the tour of the cellar as described on the website and then they gave us the lunch box. I requested a vegetarian meal and we got it. So very well done.
Thomas B. – May 2021
Read all reviews on Tripadvisor and on Google
E-bike with helmet for the entire day
Scenic itinerary recorded on GPX file, available on several apps and GPS devices
Generous picnic lunch box with a bottle of wine each two guests
Blanket and all the necessary for a memorable day
Everyday from March to November at 10:00 am
- 95€ per adult
- 59€ per kid up to 17 y.o. (minimum height required 150cm – 4.9 feet)
The rate includes:
- E-bike and helmet rental from 10am to 5pm
- Recorded itinerary downloadable on several apps and devices
- Wine cellar tour
- Picnic lunch including traditional starters, a cold first course, salami, cheese, dessert, water
- One bottle of wine each two guests
- Blanket and all the necessary for the picnic
The rate does not include:
- Any other meal, activity, entrance ticket, personal expense, transfer, service, tips and anything else not mentioned in the above field “the rate includes”
E-Bike Tour in Alba: Pedal your way through Wine Country
Embark on a thrilling self-guided tour through the picturesque vineyards of Alba with our exhilarating E-bike Tour and Picnic in the Vineyards. Pedal your way through the heart of wine country, immersing yourself in the beauty of the Italian countryside as you explore this renowned wine region.
Experience the perfect blend of nature, culture, and gastronomy as you cruise along scenic paved roads and gravel trails, discovering hidden corners of beauty that only locals know. The electric bicycles provide the perfect balance of comfort and freedom, allowing you to effortlessly navigate the rolling hills and vineyard-lined roads.
This memorable day sets off either from Alba, Barolo, or Nizza Monferrato (depending on availability) where electric bikes are delivered. Then, follow our GPS route which you can easily download on your smartphone or GPS device. Instructions will be sent after booking and the navigation system works even offline.
E-Bike Tour in the Vineyards of Piedmont
Pedal on paved country roads lined up with vineyards, and hazelnut crops and climb effortlessly up to charming hilltop villages on our panoramic itinerary on the Langhe Hills.
Whether you’re a seasoned cyclist or a casual rider, the E-Bike Tour and Picnic in the Vineyards has the perfect blend of nature, culture, and gastronomy as you cruise along scenic paths and discover hidden gems that only locals know.
After the first 12-15 km (8-9 mi), you will arrive at a boutique winery where the family members greet you and invite you to visit their aging cellar.
A Relaxing Bike Picnic in the Vineyards of the Langhe Hills
At the winery collect your picnic lunch box and all the necessary items needed to enjoy a traditional cold lunch. The menu includes a selection of starters, cheese, salami, focaccia or breadsticks, and dessert, usually hazelnut cake. The bottle of wine can be the local red Dolcetto or the white crispy Arneis, as per your choice.
A relaxing bike picnic under hazelnut trees or in the shade of the vineyards of the Langhe Hills, lying on the comfy waterproof blanket provided with the lunch box. If you decide to eat outside the winery property, you are required to bring back all supplies given.
The E-bike Tour and Picnic in the Vineyards comes to an end as follow our GPS route on the second part of the loop, back to the starting point.
Meeting place/drop off: Alba or Barolo or Nizza Monferrato
- In case of rain: it is possible to reschedule or a full refund will be given
- Length: 30 km – 19 mi (some part may be unpaved)
- Elevation gain: about 200m – 660 feet
- Difficulty level: intermediate
WHAT TO BRING
Packing the right essentials for your e-bike self-guided tour in Alba is crucial for a comfortable and enjoyable ride. Here are a few items you should consider bringing along:
1. Sunscreen: Protect your skin from the sun’s harmful rays by applying sunscreen before your ride. Opt for a sweat-proof and water-resistant formula for long-lasting protection.
2. Snacks: even if the picnic provides a generous quantity of food (equal to lunch), keep your energy levels up by packing some lightweight and nutritious snacks. Granola bars, trail mix, and fresh fruit are all excellent options for a quick energy boost.
3. Rain gear: Piedmont’s weather can be unpredictable, so it’s always a good idea to pack a lightweight rain jacket or poncho. This will keep you dry in case of unexpected showers.
4. Repair kit: make sure to ask to our rental bike point to get a repair kit and their phone number in case of emergency.
5. Camera: Capture the beautiful landscapes and memorable moments of your e-bike adventure by bringing a camera or smartphone with a good quality camera.
- Free cancellation up to 24 hours before the tour (for large groups free cancellation up to 7 days before the tour).
- Meet Piemonte cannot be held responsible for any technical issue or malfunctioning of the suggested apps and GPS devices needed to download the recorded itinerary.
- Blanket, picnic basket and all supplies must be taken back to the winery after lunch.
- Read here the full terms and conditions.