Cycling in the Barolo wine region
Piedmont Barolo Bike Tour is a 5-day guided cycling holiday with one hotel stay in the heart of the town of Barolo.
Ride comfortable electric bikes to climb without effort the steep Langhe hills, and explore the city of Alba, idyllic vineyards and medieval castles of the Piedmont region.
Follow our friendly tour guide, who provides commentary and mechanical assistance along the way, for an hassle-free Piedmont Barolo Bike Tour vacation.
- 5 days / 4 nights with one hotel stay. No need to pack and unpack everyday!
- Farewell Dinner overlooking the castle of Barolo
- Visit a Barolo wine cellar and enjoy a premium wine tasting
- Tour guide for 3 days, for an hassle-free biking experience
- 35-45 km (22-28 mi) per day
- May 22nd – 26th 2023
- October 2nd- 6th 2023
Tours departing on May 22nd and October 2nd 2023 will stay at Hotel Brezza Barolo:
- Charming country hotel located within a short walking distance from the restaurants and wine shops of the town of Barolo
- Private outdoor swimming pool (a small extra fee can be paid at the front desk)
- Traditional restaurant overlooking the castle of Barolo
- Each departure is guaranteed until 45 days before
- In case that the minimum number of 8 participants is not met, we can either refund the deposit or offer to the customer an extra surcharge (to be determined) in order to run the tour with less participants
- A 30% down payment is required in order to confirm the reservation.
- The remaining balance is due 45 days before the tour.
The Customer has the right to withdraw, without providing any reason, under the following conditions:
- There shall be a 50€ non-refundable processing fee (per person) on any cancellation request, regardless the time frame within the cancellation is submitted;
- from 90 to 46 days before the performance of the Tourist Package, by paying a penalty equal to 30% of the price;
- from 45 days before the performance of the Tourist Package, by paying a penalty equal to 100% of the price;
Read here the full terms and conditions.
Great bike tour in Piemonte
Luke K. – May 2022
“We booked the Barolo wine tour with Meet Piemonte and had a blast. We met two other couples on tour who became good friends so we hanged out together every night. Our guide Lorenzo was very funny, awesome scenery, the hotel was rustic but just what we needed, we didn’t spend much time in the room anyway. Thumbs up!
Karl B. – May 2022
“I found this tour to be a good compromise for bikers like me who are not super fit but they still want to enjoy hilly roads. The electric bikes are a great plus and so was the guide Lorenzo always helpful and great story teller. Hotel in Barolo had perfect location and great views from our room.”
Meals included: none
Arrive on your own in Barolo. Private transfers from Alba train station, Turin or Milan airports are available for an extra charge.
Check-in at Hotel Brezza Barolo and enjoy a free afternoon to relax by the hotel’s pool (a small fee is required) or explore the town of Barolo: visit the local WiMu (wine museum), the unique Corkscrew Museum or some of the wine shops.
We provide a list of things to do and dining suggestions within a walking distance from the hotel
Dinner on your own
Meals included: breakfast and wine tasting
Bikes are delivered to the hotel at 9am. Meet your tour guide for the bike fitting and familiarization.
Depart for the cycling tour in the Barolo wine region. You will pedal on some of the most scenic wine routes of the Langhe hills, a UNESCO World Heritage site where medieval castles and farmhouses are nestled amongst the vineyards.
Stop in a boutique winery located in the Barolo wine region. Visit the cellar and enjoy a tasting of four wines paired with salami and cheese (this is not a meal but enough to satisfy your appetite).
Your Piedmont Barolo Bike Tour continues up and down the gentle slopes of the Langhe hills, back to your hotel.
Dinner on your own
Meals included: breakfast
After breakfast, pedal on your electric bike and head south to the Alta Langa hills, gaining elevation with breathtaking views over the Piedmont region.
Your tour guide will plan a stop for lunch on your own in one of the medieval villages of the area. You can decide to sit in a cozy and rustic osteria or simply take a break in a local café for a quick bite.
Continue your biking adventure as you descend the winding roads through hazelnut orchards and hardier vegetation, all the way back to the wine region of Barolo.
Return to your hotel and dinner on your own.
Meals included: breakfast and dinner
The last cycling day of yourbike tour in Piedmont, goes through Grinzane Cavour, then Diano d’Alba and the edge of the area of production of Barbaresco wine.
Take a break in the city of Alba where the tour guide can recommend truffle shops as well as the best gelato in town.
Continue pedaling back to the hotel where the electric bikes have to be dropped off at 6pm.
Tonight celebrate the completion of your Piedmont Barolo Bike Tour with a traditional 4-course dinner in the restaurant of Hotel Brezza Barolo, overlooking the castle. Wine is included!
Meals included: breakfast
After breakfast, it’s time to pack and say arrivederci.
Book now your Piedmont Barolo E-bike Tour
Rates for May 22nd and October 2nd 2023:
- 780€ per person, minimum 8 participants (in double occupancy)
- SAVE 130€ per person if you book by January 31st 2023
- single supplement 95€
For private departures, please fill out the form below or send an email to email@example.com
- 4 nights at Hotel Brezza Barolo, breakfast included
- Electric bike rental and helmet for 3 days
- Tour guide available from 9am to 6pm for 3 days
- 1 dinner with 4 courses and wine included
- 1 Barolo winery cellar tour and tasting of 4 wines
- Tour Operator Limited Liability Insurance
- VAT 22%
- Hotel city tax (1.5€ per person per night)
- Access to the hotel’s outdoor swimming pool
- Return private transfer from Alba train station to Barolo – available for an extra charge
- Any other meal, tasting, entrance fee, transfer, personal expense, tips and anything else not mentioned above in the field “The rate includes”.